Wednesday 13 May 2009

Photography of Women

Some of you know that last year I had the fortune of travelling to China for a photography jaunt. While I did get to move around the big cities,
it was the far North West that captivated me.

The faces of the people intrigued me and though I could not speak a word (well maybe one word) I was able to communicate with my subjects and capture some stunning portraits.

This morning I have just read a
wonderful interview with Lili Almog
who has recently released her new book
The Other Half of the Sky,
portraits of women of mainland China.

To read the interview follow this link:
www.doubleexposure.com/Almog_Schaefer.shtml

To view just a few of my China Photographs visit:


1 comment:

Michelle Cox said...

Wow those portrait photographs really capture the essence of the women! Stunning!