Tuesday 12 October 2010

Tamrac's new camera bag!

Over the past few weeks I have been having a go at a new camera bag on the market and it’s impressive!

The bag being put through its paces here at Bluedog Photography is the Tamrac Evolution 8, Model 5788.

What I like:
After using it exclusively on our Fraser Island Photography Tour last week I liked how I could easily convert it from a back pack to sling shot or even wear it over one shoulder effortlessly and quickly. Fraser Island is all sand and happens to be the largest sand island in the world. Sand is a killer on photography gear and this bag allowed me to access my gear without putting the bag down.

It’s large enough to hold my Nikon D3, another lens or two, flash and accessories plus carry a computer which means it should be perfect for carryon luggage on planes.

It’s light and the adjustable wide straps are comfortable!

The padded top foam compartment is great – while travelling I can have personal gear in there and while working it can store my jacket, other accessories, food etc.

The tripod attachment keeps the tripod centered and balanced – important when out and moving about.

Two side pockets create extra storage and are the correct size for iPods and phones while one houses the removable rain cover.

What I don’t like:
Not much! I wish the inside was a lighter grey and closer to 18%.

What I’m interested to test:
How it goes in a crowded street – I like a pack I can wear on the front as well as on the back for the security of my gear.

Specs:
Weight: 2165g
Internal Top: 25 x 15 x 19cm
Internal Bottom: 28 x 15 x 25cm
External Dimensions: 32 x 22 x 48cm
Colour: Black and Brown/Tan
RRP: AUS $169.00
Distributed in Australia by C. R. Kennedy & Company Pty Ltd
Phone: 61 3 9823 1555
Fax: 61 3 9827 7213
Website: http://www.crkennedy.com.au/
Email: sales@crkennedy.com.au
For more info: http://www.tamrac.com/


Image by Kim Stevens (C)
Danielle with pack in use on the Fraser Island Bluedog Photography Kingfisher Bay Resort.


Tamrac’s new Evolution 8, Model 5788



No comments: